My beloved friends, please accept warm greetings from Guatemala. I am here in San Pedro, safe, saved and sane. I arrived late last night and did not know what to expect. I knew I was in for a treat, but could not fully imagine and prepare for the cultural difference and nuances that would accompany it. This morning I was pleasantly surprised and revived by the captivating aroma of pancakes and eggs, intrigued by sounds of reggaeton and salsa and humbled by the warmth of my family and neighbors. My spirit is at rest!
It is now mid day here and I am about to sink my teeth into a few warm tortillas! Oh, yes, I know you are jealous. After lunch, I am scheduled to visit five churches, and hopefully, many more tomorrow.
My church hopping expedition in a new context has already begun in earnest and I now crave your sincere support and prayers. I would appreciate hearing from you all whether by email or phone. Please feel free to call me in Guatemala at 502 4116 5300.
Take care of your wonderful selves. May you all find favor in the eyes of the Divine.
Bendeciones,
jr
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment