Friday, May 9, 2008

THIS IS MY CONFESSION

I know you're probably asking yourself, 'why is this lost brother using the name of Usher's hit single as the title of his blog entry?' Well, I just heard it booming on the radio while walking through Soroti town, and then I thought to myself, I do have a confession to make, too! Throughout this year, I have developed some new, unusual, and perhaps, unhealthy habits. Searching for weird-looking creatures (snails, lizards, grasshoppers, bugs, etc.) has become a near-obsession. It's a respite from the challenges that accompany my role as an engaged traveler and researcher. Yall didn't expect me to think about the church twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, did yah? Every so often, my mind needs a break, and exotic 'thingamajiggies' offer the break I need.

Today, I spotted a colorful grasshopper (let's call her Boquida), and I tip-toed through the grass until I had her in the palm of my hand. She's a feisty and beautiful one, isn't she?!

1 comment: