1 Soul, 7 Countries, 12 Months, Thousands of Churches and a Million Tongues of Fire......All Engaged in creating a Better World. This is my journey as a Thomas J. Watson Fellow.
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
THE BLESSING OF A BURDEN
As the year comes to a close, I am forced to recount the year's joys and pains, successes and failures, blessings and burdens.
Your fans await more reflection. Sometimes I wonder should I write back or just snap my fingers, burn some incense, and mumble an "Ashe" at your web postings. Encore for 2008. Encore.
I am a recent graduate of Wheaton College (Mass.) and a 2007-2008 Watson Fellow exploring the relationship between global pentecostalism and social justice. My work focuses almost exclusively on emerging niches in the global South from a grassroots theological perspective. I am unashamedly Black, proudly Jamaican and unapologetically Pentecostal. My year abroad will test the core elements of my identity and re-shape me in ways unimaginable.
1 comment:
Your fans await more reflection. Sometimes I wonder should I write back or just snap my fingers, burn some incense, and mumble an "Ashe" at your web postings. Encore for 2008. Encore.
Post a Comment