Friday, January 18, 2008

DISCOVERING SOMETHING MORE: SPEAKING IN TOUNGUES & LAUGHING FROM THE SOUL

I am convinced. If I had to pay a dollar for every time I've laughed during this journey, my Watson funds would be all done. I've always loved laughter, but in recent months, have grown increasingly addicted to this soul-cleansing activity. What can you do but laugh when you are hit by a bus, begin walking towards Heaven's pearly gates where two Rastafarians are guarding a Black Jesus and you jump in excitement, only to fall from your bed and realize you're dreaming?!


What do you do when the horse pulling the carriage you're in farts on all the passageners and grins, as if to say, "bet you can't beat that!"?


How do I not laugh when Ethiopians mutter words in a language I don't understand, yell at me because I am unresponsive and change their tones when I say, "Sorry, I don't speak Amharic?" How do I not laugh when I get hit on by a smelly woman, who rubs her legs close to mine and when I look at her, she smiles, exposing her yellow/brown-stained teeth! Sweet Lord! Madness brings pleasure and sanity to my spirit. Jah kno Rasta, yu caan tek every eedyat ting so seerious."

One Love to you all,
jr

2 comments:

tobytupelo said...

.. Had to do some searching to find out where my JR was changing the world -- lo and behold there you are in Guatemala -- may you laugh heartily throughout this endeavor and keep the blessings flowing -- your old library friend -- Sue Cornacchia

Unknown said...

Bro, let me be the first to say that laughing is really good for the body and mind, besides life is too short to take it all serious.
So continue to evolve and laugh as i would.

continue to be inspired.